About Photomatter Blog

Photomatter Blog is an extension of Photomatter.com's Photography web site featuring photos by James Markus. The blog will focus on photography, business practices, equipment, new photographic creations, important photographic news/information, recent work, and my occasional posts.

Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Monthly Project Win on Photo.net

 In January there was a monthly project on Photo.net that was about DOF (Depth of Field).
I had just acquired a beautiful used Nikkor 105mm f1.8 ais lens off the popular auction site which proved perfect for the project. So, I shot the nearest model available...Charlie.  Here is the lens...

There was a prize for the project, and I used it to purchase a canvas print of my tribute to Vincent Van Gogh's "Sunflowers" - though my version is an antithesis of his sunny bright yellow - live flowers - round vase etc. The unfortunate thing about the tribute is I shot it with another ancient Nikkor - the 35mm f2.0 ai, but I sold it a while back. I wish I had not sold it. I think of lenses as brushes...at least I got to use it a few times. Here is my "Vincent".

 If anyone wants a discount on a canvas print - Canvas Pop does an excellent job. I have a 2' x 5' print in the receptionist area of my studio that I look at everyday. Discount is HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment