About Photomatter Blog

Photomatter Blog is an extension of Photomatter.com's Photography web site featuring photos by James Markus. The blog will focus on photography, business practices, equipment, new photographic creations, important photographic news/information, recent work, and my occasional posts.

Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Dishwater Dreams


Vision of the future, and reality are two very contrasting themes in my life. Dreaming is no problem, but
the reality is usually far less colorful. When I think about the 1960's I remember an explosion of colors.
Colors we had never seen before outside of nature - like fluorescent shades of various primary colors showed up in publishing, and the culture. While experimenting with common tap water and dish soap I found little areas of this explosive color. I set out to capture one of these fleeting intersections of color. Here is one of the intersections, and a 100% crop of a piece of the image. Lets hope our futures become as colorful.

 
Both of these were shot with a Nikkor 105mm f1.8 ais manual focus lens, and extension tubes.
Click to view a larger versions

No comments:

Post a Comment